Skip to main content

Thankful

I tried to write a litttle introduction to this. To tell you how long a year its been. How i've struggled with my own personal issues, as well as the issues that life has gifted me with. But i wont write that because it is mostly irrelevant, Becasue now i choose to look past it all and instead see God's hand. And of that, I am thankful.

I read neefemi's post today (Happy belated birthday sugar. I'll call you soon) and I was inspired to do this (especially as my last few posts have been all gloom and doom) ...

Lessons:
This year has taught me a lot. It has taught me that people come and go and you can either sit down and wail about it or you can accept that frienships dont always last and that some people are only meant to be there for a while and that you can cherish it and hold the memories close. Recently I asked someone if she missed me at all...her reply was "hi". At first that hurt, then it didnt. Becasue i understood. I have also learned that although i have become jaded and less willing to give of myself, that in time I may return to the way I once was. This year has taught me to be sufficient for me. To draw strength from myself. And trust me i learnt that lesson the hard way. I have also learnt that not everyone wants what is best for you, even if you want whats best for them. I have learnt to look for healing in the right places, to keep my mouth shut when i need to and to scream for help when I'm drowning. I have learned to appreciate the good in others ....and to also appreciate the bad. Man is not a perfect being....apparently. kmt..I have learned to laugh even harder and to smile even wider. Because sometimes, just sometimes, even when the smile did not start from the pit my belly, that eventually it will reach downwards into it. And that sometimes, a fake smile is ok. Just so that the people around you dont have to worry too much.

Music:
I dont think i can ever completely write about my love for music and the healing and hope it brings me.

Beauty:
A lotta people say i'm vain. I say i'm appreciative. I am thankful for my looks. Not just because of me. But because my pretty smile also causes others to smile. Isnt that reason enough?

Remembrance :
You know that feeling when someone just remembers you and decides to check up on you? I am thankful for that. A old friend did that yesterday. And I was floored. I miss you dear friend. But days like yesterday remind me that it is worth it. And that after so long, you still know how to make me smile. I love you.

Scented candles and Personal space:
Of late, my bedroom has become my sanctuary. the place where I de-stress and replenish. The bed head is lined with about 16 glass bowls of scented candles. From peach to lemon to green tea.



And to God, who has for now, blessed me with these, I am thankful.

Comments

Blessing said…
awww beautiful post! I'm glad that you have a reason to be thankful despite the struggles and disappointments you've faced! God bless
Nee Fe Mi said…
Very beautiful post..... God Bless you hon

hugs and kisses
Unknown said…
Loved reading your post..
Myne said…
I like this post, we have to remember to be thankful at all times.
T.Notes said…
...so who says you aren't doing great great?!
*Likes*

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Future

First things first, lets cut out the bs of "let's see what the future brings". How about I tell you exactly what I want. Agreed? I'd prolly preamble first. But i know you'll understand. When I was in uni, there's was this guy who called a certain girl his future. I found it incredibly silly at the time. Especially in that context. I don't anymore. Amidst all the upheaval that is my life at the moment, I have seen that supposedly calm eye of a storm. That silent part of a tornado where there is wonder at the havoc nature can cause. I have seen that split second before a head on collision, the certainty, the wonder. I have seen that second, just before bullet bites into skin. The second before an orgasm. Those times when everything apart from that moment is completely irrelevant. When all you see is colour and .......life. *insert quiet smile here*. I digress? Pull me back please...or maybe not. Dear Abimbola, Sometime soon, perhaps in every second af...

~~Tuesday's Thoughts : Ode to my diminishing DD cowbells~~

~~you werent exactly expecting me to write an Ode to my boobs now were you? Lmao.Do you know how long those things are? Not my boobs...Odes! But seriously though..HELP!!! my talents have reduced. I'm not finding this funny at all. Not in the least bit.~~ ~~About cowbells, like if you have fairly sizeable breasts and have ever been to tejuosho market, you'd know what I mean. All those ibo traders going (as pronounced) "cabell" "cabell" psst psst. Mortifying really~~ ~~Like I love working out and tingz. Getting addicted to the endorphines(?) too. but...why cant my breastises stay. :(. Ode over~~ ~~Have you ever tried calling one of those numbers printed behind buses.you know..the "have a problem with my driving?" numbers? just a thought. I was gonna call one this morning when one retarded trailer driver tried to run me off the road. Then I thought (american horror movie type-ish), what if the number actually belong to the driver...

Who Am I

If I asked you to describe yourself, what words would you use? Would you describe yourself in a one line sentence, stating the obvious? Would you be funny, smart, beautiful, tall and 25? Or would you be melancholic, choleric, sanguine and a libra. Would you be sexy and have oloju come and do? Would you be dedicated and courageous and driven and afraid? Lol...I just described myself as I would have, a long time ago. However in recent times, I have realized that I cannot describe myself in those words. Because doing that takes all the wonder out of it. If I said I was funny would you not wonder how I got to be funny? Or if I said I am by nature a lonely person, if you have met me you would immediately argue with that. But that would be because you do not know me. You do not know the experiences that have shaped me, my life. The little and big things that have combined themselves into forming me, as you see me. Which is why when I started reading Bobo Omotayo's "London Life L...