Skip to main content

The day the Lord has made

Its 5.58am and i am the first of the bridesmaids to wake up. Although
i am not the maid of honour, i am the one in charge. Its Saturday 14th
and one of my best friends is getting married today. Do you remember
my cousin who was supposed to get married last year then her dad uncle
Frank died? Well its the same one. Yup!, she's finally here. And as
the sounds of rainfall filter into my bedroom, where incidentally we
are all piled up in, I smile to myself as I know without a doubt in my
heart that this is the day the Lord has made. Not the date from last
year, no. This one, 14 May 2011

As head of the bridesmaids (not the chief), she is my main
responsibility for the day. Last night I moisturized my special caviar
into her skin and sprayed peppermint essence on her feet while
together with the 6 or so other girls here we recalled tales from our
childhood. My mother comes into the room at about 12:30am and orders
us all to bed. We all burst into laughter and as I see her watching
me, I know what she's thinking. My answer last night would have been
"yeah yeah whatever". But this morning, my answer is "I will get
married on the day the Lord has made".

Sometimes, certain things happen in our lives that attempt to cancel
or delay plans already made. Do not worry, do not fret, because it
only means that the day the Lord has made is on its way.

--
Sent from my mobile device

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Future

First things first, lets cut out the bs of "let's see what the future brings". How about I tell you exactly what I want. Agreed? I'd prolly preamble first. But i know you'll understand. When I was in uni, there's was this guy who called a certain girl his future. I found it incredibly silly at the time. Especially in that context. I don't anymore. Amidst all the upheaval that is my life at the moment, I have seen that supposedly calm eye of a storm. That silent part of a tornado where there is wonder at the havoc nature can cause. I have seen that split second before a head on collision, the certainty, the wonder. I have seen that second, just before bullet bites into skin. The second before an orgasm. Those times when everything apart from that moment is completely irrelevant. When all you see is colour and .......life. *insert quiet smile here*. I digress? Pull me back please...or maybe not. Dear Abimbola, Sometime soon, perhaps in every second af...

~~Tuesday's Thoughts : Ode to my diminishing DD cowbells~~

~~you werent exactly expecting me to write an Ode to my boobs now were you? Lmao.Do you know how long those things are? Not my boobs...Odes! But seriously though..HELP!!! my talents have reduced. I'm not finding this funny at all. Not in the least bit.~~ ~~About cowbells, like if you have fairly sizeable breasts and have ever been to tejuosho market, you'd know what I mean. All those ibo traders going (as pronounced) "cabell" "cabell" psst psst. Mortifying really~~ ~~Like I love working out and tingz. Getting addicted to the endorphines(?) too. but...why cant my breastises stay. :(. Ode over~~ ~~Have you ever tried calling one of those numbers printed behind buses.you know..the "have a problem with my driving?" numbers? just a thought. I was gonna call one this morning when one retarded trailer driver tried to run me off the road. Then I thought (american horror movie type-ish), what if the number actually belong to the driver...

The Replacements don't fit

I've always believed that there's just one person for each of us. That one soulmate. Yin to your Yang. Only one person that will ever complete u so perfectly. One true love. And I've also always believed that everyone will meet that person at one point in their lives. And with that person, you only get one shot at it. But I've also always believed that sometimes it may work out and other times it won't. But that does not make it any less true. I've also always believed that before and after that one person there would be others. Mirages if you like. Mirrors but not exactly mirror images. And out of all of that we pick one. And it works out. But most times you never forget. Its been 8months since we split up. And yes I have moved on and I'm happy and restored, but I yearn for him. Not in my body as with a lover's touch, but in my soul. There's many things I'd like to share with him cos I know he'd understand. Many questions I'd like to ask...