Skip to main content

On Faith, without which I will be lost

Before I started writing this post, I asked God to please give me the right words. But just right now, it occurs to me that there are no right or wrong words when talking about faith. Because faith simply is. There's no doubting it, or justifying it, or struggling for it. Why is it so easy to believe that something can go wrong, instead of trusting that nothing can go wrong?

Too many times, as Christians and believers, its so easy to get caught up in what the world tells us. I remember an old (i think its ) Ron Kenoly song that goes "whose report will you believe?" It must have been then that I developed my practical approach towards faith. Because why on earth should I believe that things will e anything less than perfect. The Bible has told me that God knows the plans he has for me. plans of good and not of evil .......... It has also told me that it may tarry, but it will come. So why should I believe differently? Let me not boast lest my faith like Job's be tested. But....if my faith be as small as a mustard seed i can move mountains right?

As children, its so much easier to believe in fairies, and santa claus and superman and the tooth fairy, and maybe, if our parent have bothered, to believe in God. But somewhere along  the way, we realise that Santa Claus is actually daddy, that the tooth fairy is actually mummy, that fairies are not real and neither do we possess super powers because we have jumped of the top bunk and have succeded only in breaking a leg. And sometimes, we also stop believing that God is God and that His Word does not change. Jesus says if only we can have faith like little children.

I'd like to say that it's hard, to make whoever lacks faith to feel a little better, but I wont. Because its the easiest thing in the world. According to a song that I havent heard in years, retelling the story of Jesus calling Peter to join him on the sea, it said "come walk with me upon the water, why dont you let me be your guide?" 

Trusting God is believing that nothing happens to you by chance. For everyone that comes your way, its because he has sent them. For everytime you fall, it is because he is at the bottom to catch you. free falling never felt so good. For every time you make a mistake it is because he wants to show you that you cannot appreciate the good if you have not yet seen the bad. It is believing that that "lai lai" He will never let you go.

All He has required is your trust. So why dont you,.....trust him. Have faith.

Enjoy the rest of your week. God bless you.

Comments

Nee Fe Mi said…
God Bless you too darling. My uncle said to me today that if we have hope and faith in abundance, we can do anything. So i'm glad to see you have that and in abundance too.

Have a blessed week.
Anonymous said…
In HIM i put my trust only...without HIM,...am doomed...Tnx for the soul uplifting words.
Berean Girl said…
Thanks for the kind words... they were very uplifting.
Anonymous said…
SoulSister,
You are far advanced in faith than I will ever be.

I believe in myself alone...nothing else. I believe in my heart and her ability to heal rapidly after having been dragged through mud and sand and shoved in a mighty furnace. I find that she blooms and blooms like a flower drunk on the ecstasy of the sun. That is what I have faith in...My heart. Now, I think my heart was/is Gods/nature`s gift to me. In my heart, I see Gods reflection so that works.

The thing is that you will be fine. I do not doubt that. Bad things will happen because that is the nature of life. What will you learn, how will you expand and become a superior version of yourself without many tests. But even while you are being tested, I hope for you Faith, so you remember that you are powerful beyond your own measures and that this heart of yours will dance again.

Sigh, this comment was actually directed at my self. :)

Thank you once again...SS.
Myne said…
This brought tears to my eyes, you know why? I used almost the same words to talk to a friend who's going through stuff. God sure loves us.
T.Notes said…
It is believing that that "lai lai" He will never let you go...
TRUE THAT!!!You couldn't have summised it any more perfectly!
There's a Hillsong united song that rocks my world in that regard.

And LOL@ "Refusing to be conventional Temite"!

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Future

First things first, lets cut out the bs of "let's see what the future brings". How about I tell you exactly what I want. Agreed? I'd prolly preamble first. But i know you'll understand. When I was in uni, there's was this guy who called a certain girl his future. I found it incredibly silly at the time. Especially in that context. I don't anymore. Amidst all the upheaval that is my life at the moment, I have seen that supposedly calm eye of a storm. That silent part of a tornado where there is wonder at the havoc nature can cause. I have seen that split second before a head on collision, the certainty, the wonder. I have seen that second, just before bullet bites into skin. The second before an orgasm. Those times when everything apart from that moment is completely irrelevant. When all you see is colour and .......life. *insert quiet smile here*. I digress? Pull me back please...or maybe not. Dear Abimbola, Sometime soon, perhaps in every second af...

~~Tuesday's Thoughts : Ode to my diminishing DD cowbells~~

~~you werent exactly expecting me to write an Ode to my boobs now were you? Lmao.Do you know how long those things are? Not my boobs...Odes! But seriously though..HELP!!! my talents have reduced. I'm not finding this funny at all. Not in the least bit.~~ ~~About cowbells, like if you have fairly sizeable breasts and have ever been to tejuosho market, you'd know what I mean. All those ibo traders going (as pronounced) "cabell" "cabell" psst psst. Mortifying really~~ ~~Like I love working out and tingz. Getting addicted to the endorphines(?) too. but...why cant my breastises stay. :(. Ode over~~ ~~Have you ever tried calling one of those numbers printed behind buses.you know..the "have a problem with my driving?" numbers? just a thought. I was gonna call one this morning when one retarded trailer driver tried to run me off the road. Then I thought (american horror movie type-ish), what if the number actually belong to the driver...

Who Am I

If I asked you to describe yourself, what words would you use? Would you describe yourself in a one line sentence, stating the obvious? Would you be funny, smart, beautiful, tall and 25? Or would you be melancholic, choleric, sanguine and a libra. Would you be sexy and have oloju come and do? Would you be dedicated and courageous and driven and afraid? Lol...I just described myself as I would have, a long time ago. However in recent times, I have realized that I cannot describe myself in those words. Because doing that takes all the wonder out of it. If I said I was funny would you not wonder how I got to be funny? Or if I said I am by nature a lonely person, if you have met me you would immediately argue with that. But that would be because you do not know me. You do not know the experiences that have shaped me, my life. The little and big things that have combined themselves into forming me, as you see me. Which is why when I started reading Bobo Omotayo's "London Life L...