Skip to main content

Its Goodbye. Not See You Later.

This is the last post that I will write on meaningful ramblings. This is because I know that this part of my life is over. The last 10 years on this journey have been absolutely wonderful and even the times when I didn't/couldn't write I felt like this place was a constant friend, waiting for a time when I felt ready to come back. Meaningful Ramblings absorbed so much of my pain and heartbreak, so much of my identity crises as I grew up. It was a way I entertained myself and others, where I wrote my hopes and dreams and fears and the words always came the fastest here. I write this with my heart and mind awash with memories, shedding tears for a time that is undoubtedly over. 

I cannot fully explain my reason for this except that I am no longer the same person. Something in me shifted as I realise that the girl finally became woman. Even though yes, I know that we are a sum of all our experiences, I feel like I cannot fully explore the wonders of this womanhood on this blog. I will still be writing somewhere else but this part is done. I am cured.

Thank you so much to everyone who read this blog over the last 10 years. The people who I knew but know no more. The comments you posted, the encouragement that your presence brought... I am truly grateful. 

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields.

Love and Light.

Comments

TheRustGeek_ said…
Thanks for sharing.. And God speed!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

~Boycott Love..........~

~I'm coming apart at the seams, pitching myself for leads in other people's dreams, now buzz, buzz, buzz, doc there's a hole where something was, doc there's a hole where something was...~ Those are the opening lines of 'Disloyal order of Water Buffaloes', an amazing song by Fall Out Boy. By now you must know that I love FOB. that being said, those lines are so hauntingly beautiful and have for the past few weeks been the summation of my state of mind, amongst other things... However, seeing as this is my blog of light and happiness, i wont talk about those feelings here. Instead, i'll quote a line from the song and tell you what I think. This sorta feels like Harry Essang's lit class. Anyways.... "I promise you anything for another shot at life,imperfect boys with their perfect lives, nobody wants to hear you sing about tragedy" I understand the feeling of desperation, when you' give anything to have just one thing back. even for a

"With tired eyes, tired hopes and a tired heart, I slept"

Sometimes we give up. Sometimes it hurts too much to keep on trying....especially when so much has happened. Seemingly insurmountable odds... and with a resignation in your heart, you raise that white flag. With palms bruised from holding on, eyes tired from keeping watch, you silently give up. With hopes spent and a heart hurting from longing, you inwardly acknowledge that perhaps this is too much. And even as you wordlessly accept defeat, walking away from the scene, leaving everything behind, you cant stop yourself from crawling right back and taking some of it with you. A reminder, no matter how flawed, of things best left behind, but not forgotten. Never forgotten. Always, Abimbola

Love according to Mr Shakespeare and I

Let me not to the marriage of true minds Admit impediments. Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove: O no! it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken; It is the star to every wandering bark, Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken. Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks Within his bending sickle's compass come: Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, But bears it out even to the edge of doom. If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no man ever loved. Me and my boyfriend split up. One would think that after one month and in a totally different country that it would be easier to say. It is not. I do not harbour anger or hate or noting. Just sadness. That is all... Breakups are hard enough on their own, without it being a mutual decision due to circumstances beyond the both of you. It is not easier and i do not see the bright side. But