Skip to main content

Putting on my big girl shoes

Hi all...I know its been a while. But I really haven't had anything to
say. simply because I didn't seem to be able to adequately express
myself or explain what was going on inside my head.

Anyways that's another post entirely. This one is about the choices
I've made or rather decided to make. I'm quitting my job yo! This
month, with no new job lined up, I'm saying goodbye to KPMG. Someone
here might call me crazy, irrational maybe. Or maybe just more than
one someone. But before you judge me, hear me out.

Have you ever felt like you were just sitting around waiting for your
life to happen? And that whatever happens in between is acceptable
until your life actually happens? But then as days, months and years
pass the feeling fades into that nagging,mocking voice at the back of
your mind as you cannot remember for reward nor ransom what it was you
first loved.

Over the years I've had this feeling. At first I thought it'd go away
but it didn't. Until it got so bad that some days I felt like I was
drowning in all of it. Don't label me ungrateful as some might say. I
am grateful to God for the job I have, the job that puts petrol in my
car and clothes on my back.

But...its time for me to get on with my life. One huge step at a time.
Fingers crossed, heart filled with hope and what I perceive from the
beating in there, as a signal that the best is yet to come.

Love and Peace,
Abimbola

--
Sent from my mobile device

Comments

kwasimodoh said…
overwhelming, and i can understand why you think you need a breather. all the best luv!
T.Notes said…
Girl,we need to talk!Gmail.

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Future

First things first, lets cut out the bs of "let's see what the future brings". How about I tell you exactly what I want. Agreed? I'd prolly preamble first. But i know you'll understand. When I was in uni, there's was this guy who called a certain girl his future. I found it incredibly silly at the time. Especially in that context. I don't anymore. Amidst all the upheaval that is my life at the moment, I have seen that supposedly calm eye of a storm. That silent part of a tornado where there is wonder at the havoc nature can cause. I have seen that split second before a head on collision, the certainty, the wonder. I have seen that second, just before bullet bites into skin. The second before an orgasm. Those times when everything apart from that moment is completely irrelevant. When all you see is colour and .......life. *insert quiet smile here*. I digress? Pull me back please...or maybe not. Dear Abimbola, Sometime soon, perhaps in every second af...

~~Tuesday's Thoughts : Ode to my diminishing DD cowbells~~

~~you werent exactly expecting me to write an Ode to my boobs now were you? Lmao.Do you know how long those things are? Not my boobs...Odes! But seriously though..HELP!!! my talents have reduced. I'm not finding this funny at all. Not in the least bit.~~ ~~About cowbells, like if you have fairly sizeable breasts and have ever been to tejuosho market, you'd know what I mean. All those ibo traders going (as pronounced) "cabell" "cabell" psst psst. Mortifying really~~ ~~Like I love working out and tingz. Getting addicted to the endorphines(?) too. but...why cant my breastises stay. :(. Ode over~~ ~~Have you ever tried calling one of those numbers printed behind buses.you know..the "have a problem with my driving?" numbers? just a thought. I was gonna call one this morning when one retarded trailer driver tried to run me off the road. Then I thought (american horror movie type-ish), what if the number actually belong to the driver...

The Replacements don't fit

I've always believed that there's just one person for each of us. That one soulmate. Yin to your Yang. Only one person that will ever complete u so perfectly. One true love. And I've also always believed that everyone will meet that person at one point in their lives. And with that person, you only get one shot at it. But I've also always believed that sometimes it may work out and other times it won't. But that does not make it any less true. I've also always believed that before and after that one person there would be others. Mirages if you like. Mirrors but not exactly mirror images. And out of all of that we pick one. And it works out. But most times you never forget. Its been 8months since we split up. And yes I have moved on and I'm happy and restored, but I yearn for him. Not in my body as with a lover's touch, but in my soul. There's many things I'd like to share with him cos I know he'd understand. Many questions I'd like to ask...