Skip to main content

Somewhere in my imagination, in a bottle that refused to go away'

The title of this post never fails to make me laugh. it reminds me of a happier time. When i was truly happy. But i wont talk about that time. Instead i'll tell u about the bottle...

It was a wine bottle. I'd love to fib and say it was a 1978 Chateau Margaux, it was not. I dont even remember the name not to speak of its year. You might wonder why it seems like i'm trying to make you hate the bottle ab initio. i'm not. I just need to make you understand that it was an ordinary bottle.

Anyways my boyfriend and i had gone away for the weekend to this little beach resort..i'd say quaint, but it'd have to be pretty to be quaint (I.M.O). But it was a fantastic place. We even got an upgrade!!!! And the beach was clean. The sand went on for what seemed like miles. Almost sparkly. The ocean; sometimes blue, sometimes gray, sometimes green and sometimes brown. A lonely hammock swaying to the tune of the wind. Almost surely picturesque.

After dinner we walked to the beach front and contemplated the moon (couldnt find a better word). Empty bottle of wine in hand i waded about 2 feet into the water and flung dear nameless bottle of wine into the sea. As Nicholas Sparks might have in 'Message in a Bottle' and prayed that someone might find it. Not like i wrote a letter and anything sha. Imagine if a mammi water found it...ya dig?

Then i toyed with all sorts of ideas. Imagine if the bottle hit a mammi water on the head and she decides to punish me by tampering with my reality and making me think i was like that dude in 'castaway'..or imagine if there was actually a dude like that and the bottle got to him and decides to start worshipping it instead, and the ball decides to haunt me because i took away its devotee...

So i willed the bottle to come back...i knelt at the sea and howled at the moon(ok that was for an entirely different reason).

The next morning i decided to run along the shore, bottle forgotten. I figured i could take the ball down and pacify the mammi water...so i ran, or jogged, or speed walked along the shore, dodging crab holes (ever had a crab crawl into ur knickers?, well neither have i and i wasnt about to find out how it'd feel) staying at least 2 feet away from the water's edge. And ran into the bottle. and stumbled, and fell.

I held up the bottle, triumphiant. like a king would in bringing home spoils from battle. I held the bottle and saw that it had fought a battle with the sea. and it won.

I didnt take the bottle home. I filled it with sand and buried it buy the shore. If you go there, and you stumble across my bottle because it has refused to stay buried, please say hi.

#whispering : i havent flown of my rocker..not yet. i just really liked dear nameless bottle

Comments

Miss Jayla said…
I will definitely look out for it when i go to the resort this xmas.

Wow, 3 updates @ once....... nice
Nee Fe Mi said…
where is that beach o? i want to go find this nameless bottle

Popular posts from this blog

~Boycott Love..........~

~I'm coming apart at the seams, pitching myself for leads in other people's dreams, now buzz, buzz, buzz, doc there's a hole where something was, doc there's a hole where something was...~ Those are the opening lines of 'Disloyal order of Water Buffaloes', an amazing song by Fall Out Boy. By now you must know that I love FOB. that being said, those lines are so hauntingly beautiful and have for the past few weeks been the summation of my state of mind, amongst other things... However, seeing as this is my blog of light and happiness, i wont talk about those feelings here. Instead, i'll quote a line from the song and tell you what I think. This sorta feels like Harry Essang's lit class. Anyways.... "I promise you anything for another shot at life,imperfect boys with their perfect lives, nobody wants to hear you sing about tragedy" I understand the feeling of desperation, when you' give anything to have just one thing back. even for a

Things we lost in the fire of life : someone like you

Sometimes it lasts in love... but sometimes it hurts instead. Yesterday was an ex's birthday. I was sweeping my room and when i took a break to check my bbm contacts' updtes, i saw "happy birthday king B" and for a second, i could not remember who that was neither could i associate March 26 to anyone who I may have known in my entire life. Until like all things which eventually come to light, i sat back faily startled. Of course it was his birthday. I went back to sweeping and the phrase "things we lost in the fire of life" came to me. You see, two years ago i would have made a production out of that date...now i couldnt even remember it. This touched me a great deal, especially as i sat down and began to wonder how many of such dates had been forgotten, at one time so precious. How many memories have been banished to the utterly deep, dark cesspool that is my mind? Consciously in an attempt to move on or like imprints in sand, gently erased by the passage

Letter to My Future

First things first, lets cut out the bs of "let's see what the future brings". How about I tell you exactly what I want. Agreed? I'd prolly preamble first. But i know you'll understand. When I was in uni, there's was this guy who called a certain girl his future. I found it incredibly silly at the time. Especially in that context. I don't anymore. Amidst all the upheaval that is my life at the moment, I have seen that supposedly calm eye of a storm. That silent part of a tornado where there is wonder at the havoc nature can cause. I have seen that split second before a head on collision, the certainty, the wonder. I have seen that second, just before bullet bites into skin. The second before an orgasm. Those times when everything apart from that moment is completely irrelevant. When all you see is colour and .......life. *insert quiet smile here*. I digress? Pull me back please...or maybe not. Dear Abimbola, Sometime soon, perhaps in every second af